This course uses basic information to aid students to remember that they need to stay well as much as keeping the SU well.
· Moving and Handling is explained
· What are the laws?
· What is risk assessment?
· How to control the risk of hazards – your back; Ergonomics;
· Reflect on our movements
· Risk assessments;
· How do we record the outcomes;
· How to use the equipment safely
· What could go wrong and how to circumvent the problems
· Students will be hoisted in order to get a first-han experience. This has proved to be very successful.
· Simple ways to get people to stand
· How to help people up off the floor without equipment and calling 999 – in their best interest…
· What to look for when helping people moving around safely
Ending with a Quiz.